christmas tree

how can i baby proof my tree it's a 7 foot and i have in on top of a table and the twins keep on touching it i repeatedly tell them no don't touch but they don't listen already they pushed it over 2 times i need help any advice

michelle11206

Asked by michelle11206 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• why do you have a seven ft tree ontop of a table,

that makes it more dangerous,

i would put your tree between the furniture,
    couch and chair like i did and get the baby gate out,

my dd is two she doesnt want to touch the tree, and she cant if she wanted!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i agree with lexsisesmommy!
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• my son just turned one today and we have the same problem we have is held down with a block and he has undecorated and redecorated it many times we just put all the glass pieces on the top of the tree.

mamasgal

Answer by mamasgal at 5:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I just set mine up in the dining room and babygated it off so she cant get to it!
    shelbell150

Answer by shelbell150 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i just told my son not to touch it. same thing as last year. last year he was 9 months for his first Christmas, and learned he wasn't supposed to touch it. lol, it was funny cuz when Christmas came, we were helping him open the presents, and at first he was looking at us like "I thought i wasn't supposed to touch these...". i guess he remembers from last year, cuz we put it up and he hasn't really touched it. he was looking at it when we first put it up, and i told him it's to look, not to touch. hadn't had any problems at all!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My twins are two and we have yet to have a full sized Christmas tree with them around.

Last year I did a small two foot tree on a table top with felt ornaments. They did manage to pull it down once or twice but fortunately didn't get hurt.

This year I have that one on the harth and a four foot tree in their playroom. I put the felt ornaments from last year plus shatterproof ornaments on. They've taken some off and knocked it down once or twice but again, didn't get hurt.

I put the trees out early (right after Thanksgiving) so they could get used to them. I also would say "gentle" to them any time they went near them to touch. After a few days they got over the newness and now barely pay attention to the trees.

I'd put yours on the floor with gates or furniture to block it and definitely remove breakables from where they can reach.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• OH I have an idea if you put your tree on the floor in a corner. When my cousin was a toddler my redneck uncle to some fishing line put two things on each side of the wall and tied fishing line so if the toddler pulled at it it wouldn't fall over the fishing line would keep it from landing on the kid or furnature. HAHAHA
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 9:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• we just put up our tree last week and we put a babygate around the tree so our son would not touch the tree at all.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2008