If your child has seizure do they get 1 to 2 second ones? If so what did you do about it.

My son is only 3 and he has 5 or more 1 to 2 second seizures a day. Just wondering if anyone else is going through this and what did you do about it.

mommy20507

Asked by mommy20507 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Has he seen a pediatric neurologist?
    LIZARD66

Answer by LIZARD66 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would take my son the the Dr ASAP. I just hope that you've had your child checked out.
    Anonymous

• I would discuss it with your neurologist, because although they are short that is pretty frequent and they may want to adjust his meds.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thanks to all. We just got off the phone with his neurologist and she is having him go on another med. and have another EEG next month.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Well, I'd assume that you have already had your child at the doctor...what condition has he been diagnosed with?

My nephew was diagnosed with Tuberous Schlerosis and was getting seizures multiple times a day, but his neurologist was able to adjust his medication to the point that he no longer gets seizuers.

I'd love to talk to you more about your situation. If you want, you can message me. =)
    RCook

Answer by RCook at 4:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008