Frosty the Snowman?

For those that do not let your child believe in Santa, do you let your child believe in Frosty the Snowman?
Why, Whynot? And what is the diffrence?

(I know everyone is tired of these ? but im very curious. thanks)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• We treat them all like the stories that they are. The same goes for the Easter Bunny, tooth fairy, Jack Frost, etc.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:39 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have no issues with either one. 3 of my kids don't know either of these characters and the one the knows Santa, knows he only exists in spirit and that Frosty is a cartoon. Therefore non existent.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My children believe in Santa but know Frosty is a cartoon. I didn't know some kids believed in frosty.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My son knows that neither are real. I'm with momof030404 in not knowing some kids think Frosty is real. As far as Santa, I never said anything one way or another but let him figure it out on his own.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 5:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• No... Just like Santa, we make sure they know it's not real. That doesn't mean they don't watch the stuff on TV... Just that they know it's not real.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We make Santa and Frosty and Rudolph (just in case that's the next question) a fun, pretend part of Christmas. My boys understand they aren't real but still have fun with the idea of pretend. *Oh and don't worry, we are teaching our boys NOT to burst others bubbles. =)
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 7:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have told my children from the time they could understand, neither Santa nor Forsty is real. Christman is a time to celebrate God's birth and the winter holidays.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 8:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• cont. And for those who feel Christians stole a pagan celebration. I believe celebration of the new seasons are ok. God being the creator of all is all about seasons Naturally and spiritually. He never intends for things to be the same always. There is a time and a seaon for everything.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 8:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My kids view Santa, Frosty the Snowman, like Goldie Locks & the 3 bears and all kids story. We do not worship any of them. Have a Merry Christmas Ya'll!
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My kids know they are no more real than their fave fairy tale characters because that's the truth.

BTW - Things may change because Man has the tendency to act on his heart's desires, but doesn't the bible say that God never changes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2008