Why is it that we got an expensive comforter set (24 piece) and the sheets are itchy!?

We got it from our wedding. It's really pretty and goes great with our decor, but the sheets are just so darn itchy! They are 189 thread count! Ugh.

What can I do to make them soft?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Not took much. Are you sure on three thread count because that is a very low count. The higher the number the better and softer the sheets will be. I guess I would try fabric softener and dryer sheets and sewer if that helps.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wash them and use softener maybe? We got expensive sheets too, and ended up going and buying nice jersey material sheets. Those were amazing sheets!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would wash them in laundry soap, and then rewash them in liquid fabric softener. Then dry them.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Hmm good idea beckie66! Yeah...idk why it's so low. My brother in law just gave my 3yr old his twin mattress and the sheets to go with it and they are 400 count!! I'm so jealous lol
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Oh and I would totally go buy more but we just got a king size mattress set...sooo that's not gonna work right now lol it would be WAY too expensive
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wow, that's an extremely LOW thread count. It may just be better to go get a new sheet set. The lower the sheet count the rougher the sheet and if they aren't 100% cotton - you are screwed - you could try to rewash them and use twice as much softener or liquid in the washer and a SHEET in the dryer.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011