A question for cloth diapering mamas

What kind of cloth diapers do you use/prefer? I am planning on cloth diapering, and will be home laundering my diapers. I'm looking for a relatively easy system to use, and I'm kind of in the dark on what the best way to go would be... all-in-one diapers, pre-folds with a cover and insert.. ext. Also, where do you buy your diapers. I have found many discount stores to have very few option, and I have point of reference to use on what would be the most efficient, easy to launder, and with little to no leaking problems. Any advice on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Koshies from Walmart.com they are all in ones and I do my own laudary. I have heard from other people that they take longer then the other ones but these are the only kind I use.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Goodmamas! They are fitteds, but so great that when you are at home, you really dont need a cover! The website is www.thegoodmama.com
    mimanchibella

Answer by mimanchibella at 6:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I love fuzzi bunz. Aside from those I like prefolds and covers from Wiggle Worm Bottoms.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have found Tiny Tush to be the best pocket diaper....so easy to use, clean, adjust to size (one size from 7-35 pounds, so you save lots of money there!!) Check out my site for information and how-to and to purchase these great diapers. Best prices!!
    www.nellsnaturalbaby.com
    nellie401

Answer by nellie401 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I use prefolds with a cover (a good cheap and efficient way to go) and I also use pockets. BumGenius and Haute Pockets mostly. I buy them from nickisdiapers.com. I put all of them in a dry diaper pail and then launder when it gets full. I make my own laundry detergent, but I still only use 1/3 of the amount and a little vinegar in the rinse cycle. I do a hot wash with an extra rinse.
    Liz_24

Answer by Liz_24 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Liz, what do you put in your home made laundry detergent? I've read that regular detergent (even dreft) can cause unnecessary wear and tear. GREAT idea on making your own. I hope you don't mind sharing your recipe with me!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2008