What would u say if ur son said this to u?

My son has broken up with his girlfriend of 7 months Harper. But what if he told u that he has a new girlfriend...thats 3 years younger than him. All i no is that her name is Tessa...one of my daughter Ali's bff!!!! What should i do?

Macibear123

Asked by Macibear123 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I'd tell him that he needs to concentrate on being a teenager and not be dating! He's 13 years old and if he keeps this pace up, you'll be a grandmother before he's 16.

And no 13 yr old should be "dating" a 10 yr old.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• at 13 they shouldnt even be having "girlfriends" as such. What do you mean by girlfriend, what does he mean by girlfriend? Someone you pass notes to or talk to in the hall at school or are you talking more than that? I would be putting a stop to it if its any more than that, the girl is 10!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• how old is your son?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• yeah...I wouldn't let him date...
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Your thirteen year old child is dating a 4th grader?

You should tell him that he is going to wind up in prison.
    Suzy_Sunshine

Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 11:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Don't let him date! I was crazy about boys when I was in middle school and i WISSSHHH that I had not been like that because I probably would have had more friends, played a sport, not gotten pregnant at 18. I was NOT a slut. I just didn't care about school at all. And I love college now, I wish I would have paid more attention back then. Tell him that school is number one priority and he isn't allowed to have girlfriends. Even if its just "hey your my gf" type thing because that's what I did...I didn't go on dates till I was in high school. But STILL. It shouldn't be that way.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think it's fine for him to have a "girlfriend" at 13, if by girlfriend he means someone he hangs out with at school, or hangs out with in a group. I don't even let my 14 year old "date" and he's fine with that. But for him to be calling a 10 year old his girlfriend, you really need to put a stop to that one. Tell him why it's inappropriate and that it is not acceptable.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Tell him that it is fine with you however he needs to talk with her father. No father of a 10 year old girl is going to let a 13 year old boy even talk to his daughter let alone date her. And he will probably scare the crap out of him too.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 5:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• he 13 yrs
    Macibear123

Comment by Macibear123 (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• He is too young to date!! You are letting him see a 10 year old? Oh please put a stop to it now!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2011