Question for Christians

Do you think everything good you have, it was given from God, or do you think most things are aquired by your hard work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think God does bless us but the blessings are much more bountiful if we live in the word. All we have to do is live our life according to the word. It's not really hard work if you think about it, but we act as though it is.
    Anonymous

• I think that everything I have is a blessing from God. If I worked hard for it, I still owe it to God. At the same time I don't think that those less fortunate are some how less loved by God. I think it's my responsibility to pass my blessings along to them. God's love touches us all. God's blessings don't necessarily come in the form of worldly goods. My blessings are my loving family and friends, community I am a part of, and the love that we all share.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Everything we have, including our paychecks are blessings from God.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I feel that God (or whatever higher power folks may believe in) points us in the right direction, and it is up to us to go and get the rewards from there.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• God gives you everything and wants everyone to know that everything good comes from him and he has given you the power to receive all things.
    variance001

Answer by variance001 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I believe that everything I have is a blessing from God. I may work hard but it is God that gives me the strength to work that hard. It is God that keeps me healthy, it is God that wakes me  up in the morning and allow me to see another day.  I believe God gives me a will to act and a mind to think, therefore I believe that everything in my life comes from Him.

Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 9:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Everything that has happen to me that is good, God did it!
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i think God sometimes only gives us the oppurtunities for blessing. take my recent blessing: my DH got a raise. now if my DH had been a slacker & didnt work hard he wouldnt have gotten the raise. but b/c he works hard we did. these are the kinda blessings i think happen most of the time.

but when i am blessed out of the blue...like say i find $5000 on the street or im cured from a terminal illness (neither have happened) thats a blessing God just gave to me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Psalm 24:1 "the earth is the Lord's and everything in it." Everything i have is not mine, but God's & from God.

Everything that has happened good & bad is all God approved. some people call the "good" things "blessings". And the "bad" things some people blame the devil. But nothing "bad" can happen to us unless God allows it to happen. And "..God is faithful, he will not test you beyond what you can handle..." (1Corinthians 10:13) & "..he will always provide a way of escape.."

-jb

junebug89

Answer by junebug89 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• well if you put it like this " what we are is gods gift to us, what we become is our gift to god" god gave us the abilities and talents to do all things through him. so really it's all from him in the first place.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2008