normal?

every single night when i lay on my sides, the baby starts thumping (and its the same spot every night) but its a thump and about 3/4 of a second go by and she does it again then another 3/4 of a second go by and it does it again, and it lasts about 20 min... its only when i lay on my sides....
at first i thought it was hiccups but EVERy night?? and they seemed awfully fast to be hiccups.

is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol thats normal.. it can be hiccups. how far along r u?? and does it happen when ur on both sides or just the left or right
    Anonymous

• Totally normal. I miss that feeling.
    Anonymous

• The farther along you get, the more often the baby will have hiccups. I remember with my son during that last month he had hiccups multiple times daily. The doctor said it's completely normal and it means the nervous system is developing like it should.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• happens to me too in the AM. I wake up at 7:20, and at 7:30 baby starts hitting the same place, for 6 minutes
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Sounds like the hiccups.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2008