my mom hates me?

any time i try to get her to hang out with me she makes an excuse.. we went to mal mart and she pretty much rushed but the next day she went out with a lady we know for 5-6 hours

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't know that it is something you are doing... perhaps it is something you aren't doing. How are you at setting boundaries? Sometimes you have to tell people that it is NOT ok to treat you badly. Especially your kids father and his family! You are the mother of HIS children and THEIR grandkids, if for no other reason than that they should be civil (at the very least). What kind of an example are they setting for your children? I would suggest looking into therapy, a good therapist can be someone who will listen and can help you with exercises for how to set boundaries, and build your self esteem. If you feel comfortable enough, and would like to you may send me a PM just click my avatar. Good luck sweetie!
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 6:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Awww *hugs* I'm sorry, I know what it's like. My mom always prefers the company of someone other than me, we are just too different and she is uncomfortable with that (or something).

Have you just tried to visit with her at her house? Or have her over to yours? It's hard, because we love our moms and want to spend time with them. Perhaps try talking to her and tell her how you feel, at least then you might get some answers.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 5:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i live wit her lol... and i ment wal mart haha... she doesnt care all she tells me is she has things to do.. she cleans 24/7 ITS ANNOYING. she will take time out to smoke a cigarette but not to hang out with me.. i dont understand y shes like this. i was the only mamas girl out of 3 girls. and now she treats me like crap. come to think of it she treats me like everyone in my family does.. like im nothing!! even my kids father and his family treat me like im shit i dont know what i do that is so bad
    Anonymous