What is the purpose of adding 5 inches to your measurement to get the right bra size? If you measure 30, let it be 30. If it's 40 be 40. There's got to be an easier way...

Like it's not hard enough trying to get the right cup size. Especially after having kids. Just asking...

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Shopping

• if you go to a professional bra shop they will measure you properly and get you into the right size I know I am a 42G and it is hard finding bras that fit so for a long time I was buying the wrong size till my husband took me to a professional shop and they measured me and now that is where I buy all my bras. It is frustrating and tiring trying to figure it out
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:14 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Read about "Vanity sizing"
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You measure your rib age and then around your breasts across the nipples and then how ever many inches you are up from the amount of your rib cage is the up size that you are.

1--A
    2--B
    3--C
    4--D
    5--DD etc...
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Thanks ladies,,, I know how. Just tired of all the math. Vented a little, that's all. ;)
    Danni143

Comment by Danni143 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2011