How did you treat a chocolate cyst?

I have one, kind of a big one, and I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to discuss treatment options. I'd like to know what you did, and how well it worked for you. Thank you!

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Health

• I have done birth control, Lupron injections, laporoscopies, and the very last resort was an ovarian removal. I have ovarian cysts and endometriosis. All options have worked with different levels of results depending on the severity of the amount of pain I was in.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• How do you know u have a chocolate cyst? I mean what are the sign,and hoe did they come up with the name chocolate cyst?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Sorry that's suppose to be (how)
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• A chocolate cyst is a cyst with a tarry blood substance in it. It's dark brown, so they call it a chocolate cyst. They found mine through ultrasound, which is just one of many ways to find one. More often than not, it's caused by endometriosis, which I have. I also have PCOS, which makes cysts common, but not this type.
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I had never heard of this before! Thanks for posting!
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 4:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Thanks, but what are the symptoms?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2011