Are carseat blankets safe??

My baby will be born in the winter.  I know you're not supposed to put a coat on your little one before putting them in a carseat, but are carseat blankets that have slits to put the carseat straps through safe?  Like this kind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used something similar to what you have pictured, and then I also got one of those things that went over the top of the carseat that was waterproof. The reason coats aren't safe is because they are too fluffy and put too much padding in between your child and the straps- in a wreck that would compress and your child would move too much in the seat.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No. Anything that interferes with the harness, or comes between baby and the seat is not safe. A regular blanket is fine, and the covers that are like shower caps are safe, as are car seat ponchos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2011