How young, or at what age do babies begin to get colics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It usually starts around 2 weeks and continues until about 3 months, but it can start any time and continue much longer. My daughter started with colic 10 days old and didn't really stop until 4 months, and even after that she was a hard baby.

A LOT of the time colic is due to dairy sensitivity. If you are breastfeeding try eliminating dairy from your diet for a while. If you are formula feeding, try a dairy-free formula and see if it helps. Dairy proteins are much larger than little babies are made to handle and so it can cause problems for them. My son started to get colicky at 2 weeks old, I eliminated dairy and he was a happy baby. He was 6 months old before I could eat much dairy again, but it was worth it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• And be aware some babies NEVER get colic, which is a medical term for "we don't know why the baby is crying but we MUST have a medical term."

Answer by gdiamante at 12:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My sons colic kicked in on day # 4 and didn't stop for 6 months.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2011