WIC???

Apparently my bf 'helped' me by cleaning out my car & my daughter's changing table... and threw out, among other important things, her vaccination/ growth chart they started for her at the hospital... and my WIC booklet that they won't reload your WIC card without. Has anybody with WIC experience had a similar problem? Are they going to tell me to take a hike if I don't have the book? Am I going to have to reapply for benefits? I am stressing out about this -- we are never going to be able to afford all the formula she will need and my milk supply hasn't been enough for her for a few weeks.

evaRoo

Asked by evaRoo at 6:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never had this happen but I know they won't replace lost/stolen WIC certificates. You're probably SOL until your new coupon pickup date. Try Craigslist. A lot of times people sell (or sometimes give away) formula at a really cheap price. I also have some Similac coupons I won't using if you'd like them. Oh, and I've found Walmart or Target formula is just as good as Similac and it's less than half the price. Good luck, hon! Hope it all works out for you.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I've gone to my appointments and forgotten my folder thingy before, and they said they just needed my ID. It shouldn't be that big a deal if it's just the folder/booklet they put it in.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 6:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i always forget my book. they just need your ID, and as for the shot record, i've never needed it for re-evaluations. they just ask me if she's up to date. if you tell them you lost it, they should just give you a new one. my old one started looking like crap, so they just gave me a new one, and threw the old one away. don't stress about it. it will be fine.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• You should be fine. I accidently lost my folder with my checks in it and they gave me a new folder and new checks for that month. They are able to void the other ones I think. Just explain what happened. take your ID with you.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 6:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• they might make u wait for an apnt. but bring an id and her ss card or birth cerfi. they will give u a new one my son allways ripps mine uo ive gotten like 4 new ones :0)
    Miszsamantha

Answer by Miszsamantha at 7:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thank you so much everyone! Did your WIC offices have signs up everywhere saying they wouldn't serve anyone without their books?
    evaRoo

Answer by evaRoo at 8:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008