Do you know the type of bully at school

that gathers all the girls together to go against one person in particular, and forms a tribe to make sure she gets what she wants? You know the type that says "if you talk to her i wont be your friend anymore?"
Has your ds or dd ever have to deal with this? and if so what did they do to stand up for the one being bullied?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My daughter is the class clown, so she is the one who makes others laugh.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 2:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• That's a manipulator. And no my children have not had to deal with nor have been that.

I am sorry if your daughter is. Moms of teen girls would do well to read the book "Queenbees and Wannabes". Its the book that the movie "Mean Girls" was based on.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes, my daughter briefly went through it in middle school. It's called relational aggression and is prevalent with tween girls. I told my daughter to hold her head up high, act like it didn't bother her, and not retaliate. Luckily, she has always been involved in activities outside of school and had those friends to fall back on. Because my daughter acted like it didn't bother her and didn't feed into the negativity, the girl who was the bully got tired of trying to play head games and eventually was nice to her again. My daughter was polite to the girl but kept her at a distance. She also learned who her real friends were. In addition to "Queen Bees and Wannabes" another good book is "Odd Girl Out". You can find both pretty cheaply on Amazon.
    cege

Answer by cege at 10:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yeah, it's called middle school girls. Actually, it starts in about 4th grade.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2011