Tell me I'm fat

The camera doesn't lie, but my mirror does. Maybe thats one reason I got this way. I relied on my mirror and people sugar coating my questions about my weight. I just wish someone would come right out and say I'm a fat ass and maybe my brain would get it already and I could break down and really do this

These photos were taken while we were hiking and having a picnic hence the giant sandwich in my hand. 

Maybe this isn't really a question but more of a favor. : / 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You're certainly a little chubby, but I'm having a real hard time saying "you're fat!" because you look healthy and also happy. If someone is happy being cuddly, and if they feel good about themselves, then really what's the issue? Sorry. I just think you look beautiful.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You look about like I did before I started losing weight. I was 29, and my blood pressure was 138/88 (normal is 110/80). It scared the hell out of me. I also couldn't keep up with activities I loved doing in my younger days. I agree with AprilDJC, you don't have to be hungry to lose weight! However, you can't stuff yourself, either. You can't eat out of boredom (like I used to), just because something tastes good (like I used to), because the food is in front of you (like I used to) or because those around you are eating (like I used to). You need to make healthy choices, and learn what "satisfied" feels like, as opposed to "stuffed." I started eating clean and exercising (eventually started running). I've lost about 65 lbs so far. The DASH Diet is another safe way to lose weight. Both are ones you can stick with. You need to find something you can do for the rest of your life. You can do this! You DESERVE to be healthy!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• judimary you don't have to be hungry to lose weight. I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant lol. I do agree that the motivation has to come from within yourself, not from others. If you seriously want to lose weight, send me a message and I will give you some weight loss tips that have helped me lose 50+ lbs in a year. It's work, but you won't be hungry. I think if you are happy, and you are healthy (as far as heart/cholesterol/etc) then your weight doesn't really matter. If you are unhealthy or unhappy, then you have to be willing to fix that for yourself, not for everyone else.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• get a scale & some measuring tape. don't rely on your mirror.

You're chubby, but not so much that it wold take you forever to lose. I bet once you started losing weight, it would all come off real fast. good luck!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• from one fat girl to another (only cuz u wanted to hear that lol)...it's hard to lose the weight and i struggle with it daily as well. i know i am heavy, but i think it's just been pure laziness on my part. my family also would do the same n say that i looked fine, but deep down i know what they are thinking, but one thing that i have learned from my bf is that who cares what other ppl think. be happy with yourself and when u feel ready you will do it. ur a BBW n there's nuttin wrong with it. embrace who u are inside then the out with reflect that as well!! :0)
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 9:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I feel sorry for you. It's awful to see yourself in a picture becuase you never think you are as big as that! Ive been through it too. You can change! Have you ever went to Spark People and looked at the success stories? Amazing!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think if you're looking to us / others to motivate you, it's just not going to happen. You need to look not only AT yourself, but inside yourself, and decide if weight loss is something you really want to do. If you decide you'd rather be hungry than fat, and if you make that choice over and over again every day, the weight will disappear. But you need to find it inside yourself and do it for yourself, not for someone else and not because of what anyone else says or thinks.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• That would be rude if Someone called you "fat", Yes your a little chubby but whats wrong with that? if your not happy theres always diet pills or excercies you could try and Do!
    LOv3lyMicaela

Answer by LOv3lyMicaela at 3:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Well I am not going to call you a fat you know what but if you are looking to get some support I have a weight loss support group so you should come join us. We have weigh ins every week and challenges to get ya up and moving. http://www.cafemom.com/group/114329
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 4:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You do look overweight, I won't lie to you. However, the good news is...if you're unhappy about it, you can change it. Adopt healthy eating habits. Try to eat for nutrition. I've found that if you eat things for the vitamins and nutrients, they tend to be low in fat anyways. Don't eat anything that doesn't have some nutritional benefit, unless it's a rare treat. If you do this, the weight will fall off, I can almost guarantee you. Do it for your health more than appearance. The same should go for exercise. Do it because it's good for your heart, body, and mind, and because in the long run, you'll feel better and healthier all over.

The last reason you should be doing it is because we tell you that you're fat. It doesn't matter what we think. Do it for yourself and those that love you. Best of luck!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2011