Is this possible? adult content

It's me again :(
I got a blood test done today to test for pregnancy, but it came back negative and it seems tonight I am bleeding a little heavier than I was. Yet, I still feel like I might be pregnant. I'm still feeling nauseous in the early morning (5 am), I have very slight cramping that isn't like my period cramping and it comes and goes, my breasts are still sore and seem to be slightly bigger, and my areola seems to be a bit bigger. Is it possible it was just too early for the blood test to tell I read they can tell by about 7-10 days after conception and I thought I was past that...could I be wrong? For some reason I can't remember when me and my boyfriend had sex...like the exact day. Or is this just a 2nd period this month for some reason? My periods have always been normal I get it around the 5th of every month and have it anywhere from 7-10 days. Help me out please!

I also forgot to mention I've been more emotional (seriuosly I read a post that I thought was cute and almost started crying), I have been excessively hungry, and extremely tired. I just can't think of what else all these symptoms could be. Althought it is my 3rd false alarm (if I'm not) which really makes me upset.

ElvenAngel1992

Asked by ElvenAngel1992 at 6:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It depends on how long it has been since ovulation/conception. A blood test can't detect pregnancy unless it has been 6-10 days for implantation. If you blood test day was the first day of your missed period, then it is highly unlikely for the test to be wrong. Earlier than that though, you still run a slightly decent chance of a false negative because everyone creates the hCG hormone at different rates.

Also, if you missed your depo before, then it's possible you cycle is just all kinds of screwed up. It does that to you.

cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 6:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Well I suppose it could be messed up, but even a few years ago when I was on the pill when I got up (which was on my own) I never got a 2nd period from it unless the depo is just one of the ones that do that. It really dissappointed me when I called to check about the test. I want a kid really bad, but I don't pay attention (or at least never used to) pay attention to my body that much. But could the depo messing up my period cause all the other symptoms too?
    ElvenAngel1992

Comment by ElvenAngel1992 (original poster) at 6:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2011