Why is CM trying to limit my post size?

I have a post that is less than 1,000 characters according to Word. CM is telling me to limit it to less than 30,000 characters. I am waaay less than that! It is an existing post that I want to edit. If I even hit edit and make no changes it still tells me to limit it when I haven't even added anything!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in About CafeMom

• in the answer section they want it less than 1,000 charecters. I've never hit a limit in a post or anything just in this section. I don't know why they do that. Sometimes you can't give the answer you want to and have to edit it down leaving out important information. Lots of people chop the reply up into sections though.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Posts and journals have a 30,000 limit. If you have any kind of links every character in the actual link url will count as characters or if you are trying to copy fonts or colors from word all of the formatting code will count as part of your character limit. There are a lot of issues with copying from word to the cm posts, the fields aren't designed to work with word. What works best for me is to close out what you are trying to copy into and start fresh or save the post then edit it. You can always contact cm and see if they can help or at least tell you why it isn't working.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2008