Why do so many women not get along with their MIL?

I just noticed that the lately many women on here are complaining about their MIL.

Why is that?!

I never had a "bad" MIL. so i dont know what that's all about. I love my MIL to death, she is a darling and just so kind.

Whats with your MIL? Are you getting along with yours or you annoyed by your MIL, if so why?

m.robertson811

Asked by m.robertson811 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• I love my MIL. It is true what they say... A man marries a woman just like his mother!! Her and I are a lot alike, and we get along very well.
    BarelyAwake7

Answer by BarelyAwake7 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have no idea...

I personally would LOVE to have my MIL around. She died in October 2007 from ovarian cancer :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Awww.. im so sorry to hear that :( Thats terrible.

I dont see my MIL that often.. Maybe once or twice a year, because we live in different countries. I miss her so bad all the time.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Most of the time i love mine but right now im a little upset with her... She said they would help out us buy our daughterss bed for xmas but now she wants us to pay her back right now. Im confused because they wanted to help... So now we have to pay the money back and then try to get by fro 2 weeks without any money... Oh well i guess.. But usually i love her to death! She is helpful with out daughter and always has good tips
    Anonymous

• I think that the MIL may feel that the wife is not good enough for her son if she doesn't do everything exactly as the MIL did and which the MIL naturally feels is best for her son.
    From the other direction, the DIL may feel that the MIL is trying to hold on to the son, her husband, and to influence him against what the DIL feels is right. Both MIL and DIL may feel that the person not in her family (the DIL or MIL) is an outsider, and someone they don't feel comfortable with. Both sides need to be extremely careful about what they do and say, in order to keep the peace.

Answer by Bmat at 6:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• well, i get along with her, it just aggrivates me to no end that she doesn't take no for an answer, she makes it seem as if she knows how to raise my kids better than me, when i say no, she says "why not?" when i say yes, she says "why?"...basically to everything. and i'm one that hates talking on the phone, and she's the kind of person that doesn't hang up the phone. if you say you gotta go, it goes like this "oh, ok, hey i forgot to mention..." and then it goes on and on. hubby just hangs up on her, i dont' have the heart to do that. so i just don't answer when she calls. lol. as long as she's not doing anything mentioned above, she's fine. (i live in a different state, so i mainly hear these things when i go visit. needless to say, we don't visit that often. it does suck though, cuz my family is there as well.)
    Anonymous

• I can not stand my MIL.. Grr she makes me so mad. I could sit here typing all night and still not be able to explain all of her annoying ways.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 6:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I wouldnt have a problem with mine,if she didnt have a problem with me.But ever since I came into my husbands life, she has blamed me for EVERYTHING that has happened in their family. She said I stole her son from her b/c he moved out and we bought a house when he was 27She blames me b/c my husbands brother says that he lost his best friend,she has turned their whole family against me and now they think I am a monster.She blames me b/c he doesnt go visit very often, but thats totally his choice,I used to tell him to go to his parents house but he tells me that he doesnt like to visit his family b/c he doesnt want to be like them,he doesnt want to treat people the way they do and he wants to change his life and become a better person.My husband has asked her to give him 1 good reason why she is so mean to me and why she doesnt like me..and she hasn't been able to come up with anything yet, its just pure hatred and jealousy.
    Anonymous

• Mine is fine.!!~
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I hate my MIL with a passion...I tried to get along with her for everyones sake...but she has done some unforgivable cruel things to me...for no good reason...but some woman are lucky and love their MIL
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 7:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2008