If your daughter went poopy in the potty for the 1st time would you buy her a special gift too show her she did a great job?

i know i would

taratennant60

Asked by taratennant60 at 6:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• no....

If she expects you to buy her something when she poops in the potty, you're going to have a long road ahead of you. How about going to the dollar store...rack up on small cheap toys & give them to her when she does go poopy in the toilet.

Don't make her have large expectations like that when trying to potty train, it could back fire. If she finds out you won't go to the store every time she poops, she might stop pooping in the potty if she doesn't think it's worth it for her. You're setting the expectation bar too high.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• ok i could do that
    taratennant60

Comment by taratennant60 (original poster) at 6:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Nope I would reaward her with extra hugs kisses, and making aHUGE deal aout what a big kid she is.
    momof5kiki

Answer by momof5kiki at 7:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• ok cool
    taratennant60

Comment by taratennant60 (original poster) at 7:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• When my daughter did, I called Daddy at work, Grandma and Grandpa at home, and let them all know how proud I was of her.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would not buy a special treat/toy for that. I would praise her, and give her a sticker or a cookie as a reward for job well done. I would wait and use a toy as a potty training incentive, once she is fully potty trained then give a special toy/treat.
    With my boys I put little things (some candy, stickers, trinkets) in a "reward bucket" and I had a potty chart-- if they got so many stickers on the chart for pottying they got to pick a prize from the reward bucket. When they were fully trained they did get a special treat/prize.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes, but I'd make sure she knew it wasn't going to happen every time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i would give her an m&m if she pooped in the toilet
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• ok y is that?
    taratennant60

Comment by taratennant60 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2011