If my daughter keeps throwing toys out in the kitchen when shes not suppose too what would you do?

i would put the toy up for the day?

taratennant60

Asked by taratennant60 at 6:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would give her 3 tries to get it right and then I would put her in a time out and take the toy away. It would go something like this: 1st time - I would remind her that she isn't suppose to throw her toy. 2nd time - I would remind her again and tell her if she throws it again she will go in a time out and the toy will be mine. 3rd time - I would put her in time out and take the toy away. Once her time out is over I would talk to her and make sure she understands why she was in the time out and I would give her the toy back. I would remind her that she is not suppose to through her toy and have her repeat back what will happen if she does it again.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• no, i would put it up for a week or longer. I'd tell her her toy is in jail because she wouldn't listen....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i like that
    taratennant60

Comment by taratennant60 (original poster) at 6:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You can use any form of discipline that you want. Time-out, taking things away, spanking, whatever. Just make sure that if you say "If you throw that toy, I'm going to put you in time-out, take the toy away, spank you, whatever", that you follow through and do what you said you're going to do.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• all my kids went through a phase where they loved to throw stuff away. My son threw shoes, cups, all kinds of stuff away one day. it happens. Of course if she is older then one, I would have a talk. If she is one, and in that stage, hide the trash can. That is what we had to do with all 6 of my kids.
    momof5kiki

Answer by momof5kiki at 7:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• How old is she?

Answer by admckenzie at 7:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Toy jail!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• How old? If she's old enough to understand, I'd keep those toys on a shelf in the kitchen, and tell her constantly, if you throw toys in the kitchen, they WILL stay there.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i agree with the other mamas
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2011