For those on food stamps....do you use coupons too?

I am just wondering. We do not get them and I have no choice but to use coupons to feed my family. Since tax payer money pays for food stamps do you use them so you can get the most use out of that allotted money given to you or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• I was on them a long time ago when my boys were little, I was in college full time & living back home w/ my mom. (God love her for that!) I grew up learning how to cut coupons, look for sales etc. My parents are very thrifty. I dont think any off us are too rich NOT to cut coupons! Why not do it?! So yes, I did. People who dont are missing out on a chance to save some money :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• We just got them for the first time ever. The amount they have given us is more than I have spent on groceries in a month in a very long time....if ever. I will continue to shop sales, BOGO's, use coupons, meal plan and shop multiple stores. I will still get more food the dollar. I will be able to stock up and have snacks int he house. WE will be able to make good meals that we have not made in a long time. Especially if I spend it wisely.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• WE DON'T GET THEM EITHER.. BUT WHEN I WAS A SINGLE WORKING!!! MOM OF TWO I GOT A BIG $50/MONTH AND YES I HAVE USED COUPONS SINCE I STARTED SHOPPING 11 YRS AGO :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011