How much do u spend on groceries for 2 wks?

Also,how many people do you feed?

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 7:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm not super careful with our budget, but we spend between $250 and $300 for two weeks, on average. We feed 4 people and a big dog (she's a 90 pounder!).
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• family of 5 about $100 ( I am a coupon shopper!!). and I have a nice stock pile too :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• We have a family of 5 (7 if you count our 2 dogs! :) I usually spend close to $200/wk on groceries- but that also includes toiletries. I also use coupons & shop the sales.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Our family of 3, we spend about $200 every 2 weeks. I really don't keep track though, we just buy what we need.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Someone voted me down? HA! My husband and I are both professionals and we make very good money. I'm not super careful because we've got the flexibility to not worry about it. We've both worked very hard to earn our money and I don't mind spending it on groceries so that my family sits down to a nice dinner every night.

If you can feed a family of 5 on $50/week, I think that's fabulous. I don't need to, so why should I?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I spend between 70-100 for 2 weeks. That is for 3 people,includeing fish,dog food and diapers. I don't use cupons unless it is something I buy all the time. I do use a shoppers card and shop sales. My husband complains about how much I spend so I wanted to see if I was on target,
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 7:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• We are a family of 4 and we spend about $250 every 2 weeks.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I spend about 400 and that is for a family of 7 with 3 dogs and 3 cats . we use coupons when we can but our bill usually still ends up there...
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Hubs and I both get paid at the same time- every 2 wks. So we do have to shop for 2 wks worth of groceries at a time. We usually spend anywhere from $250- $350 to feed our family of 5. Sometimes it is more, sometimes I spend less it all depends on store sales, coupons and how much I need to buy. When the store has their stock up sales I sometimes will buy a few extra sale items to have on hand. Plus I do tend to spend more in the summer time- as the kids are home 24/7, and also we love the fresh summer fruits and produce, so I tend to buy quite a bit of that.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• For our family of 7 it's usually around $200 for 2 weeks. I try to budge $100/week - even if I come in under I try to buy some meat I can freeze for another week that I think I might go over without that.

Answer by missanc at 10:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2011