My kids and chores

my oldest dd is ten , she will do some chores but sometimes complains or sometimes refuses, my 8 yearold dd cries says i am tired,or just plain out hides. now my oldest has been diagnosed with aspergers syndrome , my youngest daughter needs to see a neurologist for some things going on with her, her coordination is bad. but she is always spilling foods , liquids then walking off not cleaning or attempting to clean it up. my older daughter will try to clean up her own spills. i have taken prilvileges away etc nothing is working any ideas to get more cooperation for chores. my older daughter wants to help with laundry and cooking with me. but the younger one has n motivation to be honest at times she seems like a robot showing very little or no emotions. she only hugs if she sees her sister do it and we hug and kiss them all the time. she was not even excited when she made high A honor roll all year.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 7:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wish I could help. Chores arent a huge deal here. I do them all and if the kids help me out they get a reward. I figure it teaches them how to do things either way. I do laundry but theyve all helped fold and put away. I am the one who does dishes and everything else. I may ask my boys to take out the trash but its not a chore, its a nice thing for them to do for me. We focus on school, sports and things like that. That is their "job". We all have jobs in the family. Mine is the house & making sure they get the best advantages. Their dad works.

Answer by gemgem at 7:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2011