Playdates, plans

Do you have daily outtings with your little ones, or do you tend to stay home and find things to do around the house? I'm a homebody, but a "friend" of mine is criticizing me because she does something, out of the house (playdate, music time, story time, etc.), every single day with her son. I don't know how she ever gets her house cleaned, meals made, etc.!! I would love to hear what the norm is for you mommas! BTW, I have a 2 yr old son and am pregnant with boy #2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• I take my children out 2-3 times a week. I personally could not balance everything else doing it daily. Some people can! I am not one of them. I think we have a good balance for us.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yeah, I agree with the pp. I take my son on playdates 1-2 times a week. More then that and like you said, my house would be a disastor and I would just feel drained.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I only take my kids out 1-2 times per week.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Might I add ... her husband works full time, she is a sahm - and he comes home after working 10 hr shifts and does the dishes and makes supper - who knows what else he helps her out with. I feel that since my dh lets me stay at home all but 2 days a week, he deserves to come home from work (most nights, lol) and not have to do household chores too since I was out "playing" all day and am too tired to do anything around the house. I guess each their own, right?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• We stay home most days.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I wish! I work full time and my LO goes to daycare.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2011