Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owe back taxes

ok so hubby and i had a business and owed back taxes he has not been working since losing his job and his tax refund went to child support instead of the back taxes. i had a collection agency who did not have a court order go in and take out almost three hudred dollars out of my personal and joint account because tax bill was in my name. but when i try to call to find out how much is owed i get no where. i called federal and they said yeah you got the tax check sent to anther state not ours which is where child support is set at, and they said it should of been taken out of the joint tax refund for the back taxes before child support. but noone will tell me how much is owed now. also state took 86.00 dollars but federal says i owe them nothing that is all owed to the state of can i owe the state and not federal?


Asked by WildCat73 at 7:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 23 (16,374 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • you need an accountant...

    Answer by samurai_chica at 7:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • Well, state and federal are two different things. And I cannot understand what you are saying.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2011