Can bladder infection or the antibiotics cause

you to be exhausted. yes i have a new baby but she is usually sleeping overnight sometimes not getting up til 530-6 am. i know i am doing a lot around the house then i get bored but i been worse lately. and i am always tired. i am also on antidepressant but it does not make me drowsy it just helps me handle my depression and i get more done when i take the medicine. any ideas if it is the meds or the infection has wiped me out?

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 7:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Health

• Yes. The infection itself can take a lot out of you. I used to get them a lot and i was always misserable. It will go away though :) Drink plenty of water and Cranberry juice
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Absolutely it will exhaust you and I also found out after I had my baby last year if a bladder infection goes inadequately treated it can cause bleeding. I bled for 10 months without know why I was bleeding. Please heed the warning signs, your body will let you know when something is wrong. If you are fatigued, rest!! =) Take care!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Jujubean is right, infections use up a whole lot of your body's energy resources. Drink LOTS of water and cranberry juice, eat yogurt, take some probiotics. make sure you take the antibiotics exactly how they are prescribed (and don't delay in going to the doctor if it gets worse, bladder infections lead to kidney infections if not treated early enough).
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 10:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2011