What do you get for a MIL that has eveything?

My MIL has like seems everything,and I hate giving gift cards,I'd like for her to have something to unwrap,since she is alone.

Val504

Asked by Val504 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• since she has everything then get her something trippy like an item on that catalog "things you never knew existed" like a gigantic funny bra or a tshirt that says something funny.
    Anonymous

• Do you know her taste in handbags? or scarves? I do like gift cards for a nice restaurant and so forth. and perhaps that can be her main present with something to unwrap just a little extra.
    Maybe bed pillows? New towels? or sheets? snow shovel? a flowering plant?

Answer by Bmat at 7:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Some lotions/bodywashes maybe and maybe a book. (Barnes and Noble has a great display of Christmas books - I chose a general one from such a display for my MIL.)
    Anonymous

• Well you need to figure out what she likes.

My MIL is addicted to dragonflies. So i just had to get her something with a dragonfly. We bought her a necklace with dragonfly pendant from Fossil.

Does you MIL likes lotions, creams all this stuff. or does she have a hobby?!. maybe she likes movies (you gould get a dvd).

but the best is always a picture of the family, especially the grandchildren. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have one of those. I am buying her a spafinder gift card. You can give her the gift card with some body lotions and other "spa" like products all wrapped in a basket.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• if you still have kids at home you could give her picture frames with pictures in them or a big one this year is the digital picture frame ... if she's not into technology you could put the pictures on there for her. I've seen them start at $20 and go up.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• like m.robertson said- how about a nice family photo in a beautiful frame? Or you could go to Shutterfly.com and create her a photo book! They are so neat b/c you can personalize them and they come out really great! Shipping doesn't take long either so if you decided to do that it would be here by X-mas if you hurry and make it!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 7:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thanks ladies,I see some really great I deas.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My MIL has everything as well. Her birthday is on Christmas to boot. So basically, we're screwed every year. We give her pictures of the kids. It's the only thing she can't buy from QVC.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• make her something ...like one of those blankets that you tie on the edges... or a photo album of the grandkids... jewlery , like a grandmas pendant bake her some cookies?
    allensavannahs

Answer by allensavannahs at 7:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008