She always seems to win.

for the last 12 years my husband's sister has made my life hell.

she thinks she's the mother of my child, she should be diagnosed and be taking medication for maybe more then one mental illness, everytime i have the courage to mouth off to her (to protect my children) she never changes her ways, everytime someone tells her to get help, she ignores them, everytime she does something wrong with the law; she gets off scott free, she lives and easy life with her mother, she's happy with who she is and who she's become.

i dont think i'll ever believe in Karma and i'm starting to question my faith. would you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• I can sympathize. My SIL is off her rocker. She acts like she is my kid's mother, she is up my DH's you know what eveyr time he turns around, she basically treats him like her husband, nevermind that she has one. She actually gets into our personal business, even makes comments about our sex life. It's nauseating. And heaven forbid anyone say anthing to upset her. She even used to sh*t talk me to my face until I finally started speaking up. That is all done behind my back now. As much as I know it's hard to do, you have to do that. If she gets upset, it's her problem. It's even more important now that you live close to her. To some extent we are closer geographically and it's only made the problem worse. You have to speak up and let her know her b.s. won't be tolerated. You don't have to scream, yell or curse. It can be done civilly and get the point across.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Why didn't you put thousands of dollars into saving for a new place that is farther away from this lady? I can do the coulda shoulda woulda's all day long. To answer your question, no I would not question my faith, I'd question myself.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Not sure I understand the question, but I'll give it a try. Dealing with any difficult person would not cause me to question my faith. There are many difficult people in all of our worlds, but that doesn't mean they are winners and we are losers. And nobody can make your life "hell" without your giving them the opportunity and power to do so. You always have the option of walking away or leaving the premises if you need to do so in order to protect your children. If you believe the woman is putting them in physical danger, then I believe your would be wise to simply stay away from her or at least keep your children away from her. You do not have the power to change her or to make her do anything she does not want to do. It might serve you well to read BOUNDARIES by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend. It will help you in dealing with people like your husband's sister.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't blame my faith for problems with my sister. I'd keep my children away from her unless I was there to keep an eye on them.

Answer by Bmat at 8:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• its just that i LIVE with her, when i move, i'll live 75 feet from her, i believe there was a reason this happened.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i didnt say cause i didnt expect everyone to consider that option. I probably forget to leave out at least one important thing in every post until someone mentions it. I put in THOUSANDS of dollars into remodeling hubby's grandma's house, we took on the project only because our old house went into foreclosure. We probably wont be approved for any more houses now
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• 2 years ago, a lot of homes went into foreclosure in my state, i just so happen to be one of them because of how the economy was and that was the time everyone was getting laid off too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• well i forgot to also add her mom and dad are scared to upset her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• As long as she's not harming your children (who are defenseless against her) then do your best to ignore her, no matter how close you are forced to be. Just continue to roll your eyes at her stupidity and continue to work on your own life with your husband and kids.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• because it wasnt just up to me. Didnt i just say i'm not approved for any other place to live?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2011