Potty training has ruined nap time and I'm going crazy. adult content

My Dd started really getting into using the potty the last week. She's not been having any accidents and she's been using her potty chair or the toilet every waking hour. Unfortunately, everytime nap time comes, she's been screaming her head off that she has to potty, and it's been taking me til 2 everyday (no matter how early I start) to get her calmed down enough to nap. She screams, throws a huge fit, and I end up having to lock her potty chair in the bathroom and for e a diaper on her.

Nap time prior to this was very easy. I would feed her lunch, lay her down and then read a book or two and then occasionally have to tell her to close her eyes or to be quiet (she'd be talking or singing) and she'd be out in ten min.

I'm going crazy with her requests to sit on the potty. She'll go pee, then sit on it for an hour saying she needs to go poop. After an hour (with me asking her multiple times if she's done yet, I force her to get off and get into bed. This is usually at about 1pm... And it rakes me til 2 to get her sleeping and she throws a million fits in the mean time. Today I fed her a half hour early, hoping to have her off the potty chair by 12:30, and it still took til 2pm to get her sleep.

I'm mentally and physically exhausted from doing this all week. If it keeps up, I may go insane.

Please give me some advice!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop fighting it. Let her sit on the potty and put her for her nap later. At least she still naps...I wish mine did...
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Maybe she's done with naps. Or scared to have an accident???
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011