Do you ever read some answers on here and wonder why we do not see kids rolling around in bubbles?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Some of you are sounding pretty judgemental of other mothers parenting to me. Every mother has a different way of feeling that her children are cared for....some are different from yours, so what? Can't you just let it go at that? Everyone is not ALIKE...why waste your time worrying over what others are doing that you don't do? Reminds me of busy bodies that do things like this.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Oh definitely. It happens irl too. I go to school with a mom who obsessively capped the bottle - every time her daughter paused to take a breath- because the air might "contaminate" it. You should have seen her face when I pointed out that her daughter is covered in and breathing that air.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 9:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I feel bad for the families of some of the really humorless moms on here.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 9:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes. You know, once you have children, you are never supposed to be more than six feet away from them for the REST OF YOUR LIFE! No sleeping, either, since that would mean you wouldn't be keeping an eye on them. Plus, when they get too old to have in the bathroom with you, you have to give up on having bodily functions.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I agree!! I also think its amusing that most of the moms on here NEVER make mistakes and are obviously Mother of the Year...every year. They do everything by the book, and sure as hell know whats best for everyone elses children as well. Giving an opinion or advice is one thing...preaching and degrading are another.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 9:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i have our bubbles on back order, apparently, there is a rather large demand for them... ;)
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Well, the answer is obvious, don't you know that bubbles are bad for kids, and if you put your kid in a bubble then you are a bad mom and you should be bashed, and I would never use a bubble, what are you thinking for even spending your money on a bubble when you are a SAHM? and if you work and put your kid in a bubble then you are a lazy mom, you should be spending time with them. And if you get FS then you shouldn't be spending money on a bubble, you can't possibly BF a baby in a bubble, or co-sleep with them? All they could do is watch TV in a bubble, they couldn't even ride in a car seat (RF of course!!)

Does that answer your question?

sidesplittinglaughter

dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• no, however I see some things on here lately that make me wonder if I'm going to see that family on the news after the death of their child...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think that there is too much emphasis on perfect parenting nowdays. I never co- slept with my kids, I gave them cereal when they were 2 months old, they all were vaccinated, I only breast fed ONE baby for just a few months, they were all 3 Formula fed mostly...hehe...and they are all healthy,happy adults now even though I made so many mistakes!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Everyone parents differently. It's such a personal thing, that to make fun of others because they don't do it the same way as others do is just silly to me.

Personally, I'd rather see overprotective parents than parents that don't give a darn about their children.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011