Is drinking caffeine bad when you are pregnant?

i drink caffeine a cup of coffee and some soda sometimes but do drink lots of water i heard it doesnt affect the baby but cant help it cuz it makes me better when i have headaches or when i want to taste something my mouth asks for it. Is anyone on the same phase as me with caffeine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ask your doc.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• A cup a day is fine...my Dr. said i could have 4 cups a day as long as they weren't back to back. But, that is too much....i stuck to one a day. It helped out so much...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• When I had my children, I did drink caffeine because my doctor didn't tell me I shouldn't. Nowadays, I think most doctors recommend that you not drink it, and all of my girls have abstained from it while they were pregnant and nursing. I can't tell you whether you should or shouldn't, but it might be a good idea to do whatever your doctor recommends.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• When I was pregnant my Dr. told me it was ok to have coffee/soda---- but in moderation. He suggested cutting back and limiting it to 1-2 cups of coffee a day. I did cut back, and I also tried decaf and the half-caf coffee- so I could still have my coffee flavor, but not all the caffiene. Soda is full of sugar and empty calories, although some brands do make caffiene-free versions - maybe switch to that if you need to have a soda.
    It would also be a good idea to check with your doctor and see what he/she recommends as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I was told by my doc it wasn't good. I gave up the coffee up until the morning after I had my son..LOL I had been caffeine free for waaaay to long.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2011