Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STD, yeast infection or something else? adult content

First off... I realize I need to see a doctor but I can afford the $200plus for testing right now. Last November I had sex with one man while separated from my husband. He wore a condom but we did kiss and he went down on me. Now me and my husband are back together. He also had sex with 2 other women and says he wore a condom. But now the skin around my vagina itches and sometimes burns. And he just told me that the last few times we have had sex his penis burns. November was a while ago though. My skin has been like this for a while but I don't really remember when it started. But the penis thing is all new.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Health

Answers (11)
  • Get mad. I still say see the doc. Go to a clinic to get a free exam. They are out there.

    Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • Yep find a free clinic and get tested

    Answer by MommaB30 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • Could be an STD. You can usually go to the health dept. and for a low fee get checked out. I wouldn't put it off and I suggest your husband go as well.

    Answer by MrsMWF at 9:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • Most likely yeast infection. You could transmit that to your DH, especially if he isn't circ'd and he doesn't clean it well after sex.

    Answer by Candi1024 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • It could be anything you mentioned. You HAVE to go get that taken care of. Nobody on this site is going to be able to give you a correct answer without being a doctor and without seeing and lab testing your condition. If both of you are now getting the same condition, I would assume an STD was caught somewhere and STD symptoms can take 6 months and even longer to show signs or show up in a test!

    Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • Go to a free clinic and get tested! You both should! Money or not, don't play around with your health.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • It could be a yeast infection. Try the over the counter stuff and see if this helps. If not, do you have free clinics in your area like the health department?

    Answer by My3Ez at 9:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • Just go get some monistat. And you can buy test strips at the store to test for yeast and vaginal infections.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • It could be either.....the only way to know is to be tested. Symptoms of a yeast infection are very similar to some STD's such as herpes!

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

  • If it doesn't work then go to planned parenthood. It's only $60 and they bill you.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.