Co-sleeping is ridiculous. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• "I am wondering hootie if I have always assumed the wrong thing. Maybe co-sleeping is just in the same room. Not necessarily the same bed. "

no, co-sleeping is them sleeping in the same bed.. if they are just in the room with you you are sharing a room.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• "No, but I think co-sleeping naked (as in question on here earlier) is."

Eeewwww... that's just wrong, imo.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No, but I think co-sleeping naked (as in question on here earlier) is.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have 4 kids, I co slept with both the younger ones, but not the oldest ones because I was told NOT to....I don't agree in doing it naked of course...I always liked my little ones being cuddled up to me...of course when they reach a certain age, for us it was 2-3, it is time to move them to their bed. I work and for me, them sleeping with us made it easier on me...they slept...instead of waking me and making me get up all night with them...which my 4 year old still wakes sometimes, but she will ask for a hug and go back to sleep :) Of course they would start the night in their bed and when they would wake, I would pick them up and put them in bed with us, not all night.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 10:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No, I don't agree with it. What would make it "ridiculous?"
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't think it's ridiculous, but it definitely isn't for me.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 9:51 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• While I chose not to have my kids co-sleep, I won't judge or bash those who do choose to do this. To each his/her own and they are doing what works for them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I don't think its ridiculous, I just rather my son sleep in his own bed and enjoy his own room and space.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No. I think it's ridiculous to think that way. I co-slept with all my kids, and we are very, very close even now. Co-sleeping isn't permanent. No kid is going to want to sleep with their parents forever. It's good to have that bonding, just like it's good to bond over breast feeding.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Also back to, people worry way to much about how other people raise their children! It amazes me they have time for their own!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2011