Ok you guys remember how i told you my husband's ex-wife

Came over on Saturday while my husband was playing golf and was in the front yard petting the dogs? I was totally upset and shaking because she had opened the gate and sauntered right in. Well my husband called her, she said she missed the dogs especially Boomer. He told her that if she wanted to visit the dogs once in a while, she could do it but she could only do it when BOTH our cars were gone. He told her to make sure of that before coming in the yard. Now they were married 8 years, have no kids together but were married when he got the dogs. So that sounds appropriate, right? Thanks!

emmyandlisa

Asked by emmyandlisa at 9:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Relationships

• YES- i remember your post from the other day & you sound So Much more Calmer! if she generally wants to see the Dogs & you are o.k. with how your husband handled it; then i would try it out- if it becomes a problem then maybe, she should take them over to her house for a few hours a week to visit- lots of luck:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• If she misses them that much, she should CALL and arrange a time to visit with them. No way would I be okay with her simply dropping by whenever she wants and helping herself to your yard, and therefore, your home.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 9:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Uhm, I would not want her in my yard, especially when no one is home!
    I would set up visitation for the dogs, just like kids.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Doggie visitation or a restraining order. I am not sure which one to choose here.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't want her on my property when I'm not home....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• hugs im sorry

Sorry you are having to deal with an ex, but ask yourself why they broke up? If she wasn't a psycho like my husband stalker ex, than don't worry about it? IDK.. never met an actual good ex besides myself... most are not something I would want to be near and a deal breaker for me

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• She needs to show you respect.........the doggie visitation is the smart thing!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• And I am guessing you are here on CM because you and hubby have actual kids? Hence having her stop in for "dogs" isn't truly the same... has he considered letting the ex have the dogs? I know a pet is kind of like having a kid, but I think a human child should always be above an animal (we have PETA and other groups for animals and not enough for actual kids)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would not find that acceptable. Tell her to go buy her own damn puppy to bond with.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• She is not a psycho. We are talking once every few months. Yes, I have kids.
    emmyandlisa

Comment by emmyandlisa (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2011