No more kids?

dh doesnt want anymore kids and has told me not to bring it up anymore(was not pestering him about it but would go through periods of crying/sadness wanting another one so bad). how did you handle you wanting more and dh not wanting any more?

tiffany0507

Asked by tiffany0507 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• Kids r great! But,just cherish the ones u have!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Depends on the situation... can you even afford any more? My husband and I talked, he talked more... because I would be like OctoMom (just one at a time not all at once), and he stated our three were more than enough and what we can afford and give them a better lifestyle (each one added takes from those already here)... I agree

Doesn't stop the fact I can't walk down a baby isle at the store... can't bare the cry of someoen else with a new one that is crying (pick it up and hold the poor thing)... and I love the smell of a baby too (and eating toes)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• You can never afford your children, you do your best, but having more than you can survive with (if I am saying that right) it isn't good. Volunteering and fostering are good alternatives.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• When we married hubs and I had different ideas on how many kids we were going to have, I said I wanted 2-4, he said maybe 2. So we talked and we both agreed that 2 sounded good. We had our 2, and then years later we had a 'surprise' (ended in loss). After the loss I told hubs that I did want to have a #3, and that I felt our family was not yet complete. He did agree with me, and we did have a #3. When I was pregnant with that one, we again discussed the # of kids, and what we were going to do. We both agreed that due to finances, our ages, and house space (we live in a small house), that #3 would be the very last one. We then discussed options, and decided that since #3 was going to be a c-section I would get my tubes tied. We did not want to have to worry about any 'surprises' in the future, or worry about birth control. I am happy with my 3 and my family is now complete.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Have you talked with your husband about why he doesn't want more? Is it finances, time, etc.? If you find out why, then there may be a way to compromise (like you can have another when you've saved X amount of money in the bank). My husband and I agreed that #5 was our last - he would love another, but knows that the last 2 pregnancies were very hard on my body.

Answer by missanc at 10:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2011