Read a question that kind of piss me off........

I have seen these questions a few times on here. "My baby is drinking to much milk and I can't afford it" or "Can I add extra water in her formula because my baby is drinking to much". One question was recently, but some of these questions have popped up over the time that I have been on CM (over a year). Why would anyone put there child health in danger by diluting there formula or giving then cereals to early? I know everyone go through tough time, but as parents we should learn to sacrifice something in order for our kids to get the well balance meals that they need. It had been many of times(with my first child) that we was strap for cash(no WIC or food stamps) and formula was expensive that we(dh and I) would eat bologna sandwiches for our child can have their formula. It has been many times that I would go without eating so my kids could eat. Sorry that I am venting but it just pissed me off. We as parents have to make sacrifices. If that means getting rid of Internet, satellite, cellphones, or go without a meal so our children can eat then that is what we do.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• That's some good food for thought mama!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:17 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• bow down

yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I agree with this. Even with WIC there are those out there that complain that they aren't getting enough.... WIC is a supplement, not to provide all the food for your child. That is the parent's job.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• clappingbow down

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Good post!
    mish1153

Answer by mish1153 at 10:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• There was a baby in the news last summer who either passed on, or was admitted to the ER, from his parents watering down the formula too much.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Great post btw
    pookiekins34

• I agree. It makes me so sad and I feel so bad for those babies. :(
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• There was a baby also a couple years back in our area who died because the mother was watering down his milk. So sad.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• And FTR, if I ever witness this, I'm turning them in for child abuse.
    Y.B.normal