Family beds. Disgusting, selfish, controlling, or A-OK?

What do you think of families where the parents and the kids all sleep in the same bed?

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I think it depends on each individual situation.........if I can't walk in their shoes, it would be difficult for me to judge them.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I like caramel apples.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Pookie, there are a lot of othe rplaces to have sex. I feel sorry for your sex life that you only do it in your bed lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• depends on the ages of the kids i guess. gross for teenage kids.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Mmm me too Y.B. Normal!!!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• What? You made statements that were untrue. "I couldn't do it, I like sex." Uh, yeah, all of humanity does lol. Find someplace else to do it, it's not that hard. "Co-sleeping, disgusting, selfish, controlling or A-OK?" How about just two options... okay or not? You make it clear what you think of it when you use words like disgusting and selfish and controlling. And how is co-sleeping any of those things? Why would you even say that if you thought "to each their own?"
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• to each their own!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I do not like it, but, my 4 year old climbs in our bed every night anywhere between 3am & 7am.
    stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I love how three of the four options you posted were negative. I think we know what your opinion is lol.

I love our family bed. The kids go to sleep in their own beds most of the time, but the baby always winds up with us and the 3 year old sleeps with us pretty frequently. I feel complete when my whole family sleeps together.

In many parts of the world whole families, including aunts and cousins, etc etc, sleep together. The bed is NOT for sex, that is a Western belief. I see zero problem with a family bed.
    Ati_13

• Where is the space? Privacy ever? Any time for intimacy? Look, I don't care if it works for others, that's great! But for me, I give myself to my children all day long, bedtime, I need a break! My kids love their rooms and are proud of their beds!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2011