I made what was supposed to be salsibury steak..........

But it turned out more like a gaint hamburgar patty that was nasty tasting.....
the recipe called for one package of dry onion soup, wischersire sauce, bread crumbs, dry mustard.....mix with hamburger meat and fry in pan......
um it had a tart taste to it.......
how so you make your salsibury staeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I use brown gravy mix and some onions. just make out the hamburger patty's and mix up the gravy on the stove put it all in a glass pan and cook it until done,
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 7:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• go to recipes.com. they have all kinds of different recipes for everything. Or there is always stouffers. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Check for recipes on the food network website (www.foodtv.com I think it is) because they always have good recipes on there. I make it by mixing ground turkey with some onion powder, garlic powder, Montreal Steak seasoning, and black pepper then top it with sauteed mushrooms in brown gravy.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Oh i forgot to add in my other answer, also mix with bread crumbs and one egg white to hold it all together.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I make some that are just stuffing mix and water mixed with the hamburger. (Supposed to have onions too, but dh hates them!) I bake them in the oven, then serve with gravy and mushrooms.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Season the patties with flavors you like. Maybe you don't like the seasonings in the onion soup. Chop an onion finely, cut a slice of bread or two into cubes, put into a bowl with 1 beaten egg and enough milk to soften the bread. I add 3 Tbsp of ketchup, 1 tsp worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix together and add enough bread crumbs to bind it together. I cook mine on the broiler. We aren't big gravy people, so I usually serve with sauteed onions and mushrooms.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• That's almost how we make our meatloaf...onion soup mix, saltine crackers, milk, egg, salt, pepper and A-1 steak sauce (the original recipe is pretty much what you wrote, though...we changed it).
    I prefer to just buy my Salisbury steaks because then I know I will get what I have a taste for.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008