Why am I growing cat like whiskers on my chin? (no joke) adult content

Yesterday I plucked what looked and felt like a long, stiff, white whisker on my chin. It reminded me of a cat whisker because it felt like one.

I know it's not uncommon when your getting older to get a dark stray hair on your chin, but I'm in my mid 30s and it's a stiff white whisker, that is just too odd. Just like a cat. what gives? (yes really, I'm not making this up)

Has anyone else had that happen? Does it mean something or am I just getting old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It is lack of estrogen that your body is producing.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It's often a hormonal imbalance. Do you have regular periods?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have two strays I deal with. I just pluck them and go on with the day///
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• welcome to growing older my dear.. any woman who doesn't admit to this problem is either lying or now my most hated person.. I have one on either side of my face that I have to pluck every few days unless I can manage to finally get the root out.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have PCOS and deal with that. They can't detect it in your blood, but they have to rule out anything else through bloodwork.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think we all have that or are prone to it anyway. My periods and hormones are regular but I still get the errant hair on my chin. Pluck Pluck Pluck. What's worse is when you discover it in a place where there are no tweezers and you spend all day running your finger back and forth across it...Shudder
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Hereditary

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I use an electric shaver for mine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yeah, I get them too. My mom said that if I ever put her in a nursing home, that's fine, but I have to come by once a week to pluck her wiry chin hairs. lol
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• What is PCOS?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2011