Would you be afraid of cafemom turning into cafedate if we added men?

I have seen posts in the past about why men aren't allowed here and wanted to know what your reasons are.

Yes, it is cafeMOM but does that mean that single dads with no female in their life should be turned away?

I know it won't happen but if we did decide to turn cafemom into cafeparent could you be worried that it would turn into a dating site instead of what it is now?

zoejains_momma

Asked by zoejains_momma at 10:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think only those women that stay with men that are like that have the issues??? I constantly see posts about a S/O cheating, or texting sexual things to an ex, and only those that insist on staying with let alone being with men like that have need to worry...

My marriage is openly honest (we tell each other everything!!!), we have respect for each other, and more than I can think to list off the top of my head... and personally I see women hating on each other is becoming old news? Maybe a male's perspective would be nice? Or a man to point out what other women already point out... "are we still in grade school or can we act like adults)... my husband already reads over my shoulder here and there, CM isn't a place most women we know even come to because most choose to act like children or have more drama than those we know in RL... when I come to CM... I wanna chant!!! "Jerry Jerry Jerry"
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yep
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I could see some flirting happening, but I don't know about actual dating. Hopefully it wouldn't be like that ashleymadison site - that dating site for married people.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 10:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Get over here mommaclark and let me lick your cheek.
    Y.B.normal

Answer by Y.B.normal at 11:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• They could just add a site for single dads. Otherwise there would be a lot on the site that would pretend they are dads and then when they read our relationship posts think that they "can save us" from our wicked DHs. Maybe a cross-over part that can only be used for advice that a mom might have but any posts with "dating" and the user should be banned.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Good question..! I agree with you.. it would be like a big dating site. Not all men would try to "flirt" with us moms.. but some probably would. As would some women to the men.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• How is a man flirting any different than the gay chicks we have that can sometimes get down right dirty in the actual groups/boards??? I don't judge, thought at first it was a joke, but there are some gay women on CM that flirt over an avatar! Or offer sexual favors... and it is some how worse because a man does it??? Really???
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Personally, I haven't noticed any of the "gay" posts in groups or anywhere. Yes, I know there are groups for lesbian Moms, I don't swing that way so I don't use them though. I was just talking in general.
    zoejains_momma

Comment by zoejains_momma (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I dont want men on here for mulitple reasons. And, if men were allowed, I'd have to leave. I feel safer on a site where I cannot be accused of anything. The internet has brought horrible things to my DH in his past, and out of respect and understanding for him, I dont have other accounts...except solely women sites.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 11:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2011