Infection at dog neuter site - help

We found a stray last Monday and took him to the vet same day for shots & neuter. Around Thursday of that week we noticed fluid leaking from site and took him back to the vet on Saturday a.m.

Vet said continue antibiotics, keep him calm, and use a warm compress 3x's/day. The site is infected.

Well it's Tuesday and it's still leaking fluid. Doc says give it few more days but I was wondering if anybody knew any home remedies for this? Anything else we can do to speed healing? He is still wearing his E-collar so it's not a fact of him irritating the site.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 10:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Pets

• It will leak while is't healing, that's nomal. Just give it some time like the vet said.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• The infection probably is getting better but you may not be able to see it yet. I'd give it a few more days however if you still feel there is not improvement I would take the dog back to the vet and ask that they try a different antibiotic.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Leaking after infection is actually a good thing. All the yuck is coming out. Continue to follow the vets advice.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 12:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• follow the vets advice....id assume he/she would know whats he/shes doing
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I followed my own advice and slathered it with neosporin. it healed in 2 days.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2011