What do you do when its the daycare providers own kid who is doing the biting?

Yes my kid is the biter, I am a daycare provider. Yes I watch the kids and my almost two year old only bites one kid. I have no idea why she only bites the one girl. I have tried everything to get her to stop biting. Any suggestions. The other child has bit my child back and even then it just made dd even more mad.

lady-J-Rock

Asked by lady-J-Rock at 11:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She needs to stop it! U need to time out her and take away things!! The mom will pull her child out of your daycare!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• This can be a sticky subject...I have a child care provider that thinks it's okay when HER child is the one doing wrong. No punishment is given.
    stephensmom26

Answer by stephensmom26 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Do not be afraid to hit your local library... snag as many parenting books on biting as possible, and try the various ideas, or even look up online how to stop biting... each child being different, going to need as many ideas as possible..

Maybe staying over the top of her, not turning your back, and continually catchig her in the act with punishment for actions? I think an almost 2 year old is big enough for time outs (I don't remember when we started using them)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I put my 22 month old in time out. I take away toys. I yell loudly. I try to keep them in different rooms as much as possible.
    BTW Mom took off on the kids cause she didn't want to go court for drug charges. If my daughter was older I would pop her in the mouth.
    I do wonder if it my dd is biting because anytime the one year old gets set down she screams. She has to be held constantly. Sleeping or awake.
    lady-J-Rock

Comment by lady-J-Rock (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Right now the one year is not here and my dd has not bitten anybody.
    lady-J-Rock

Comment by lady-J-Rock (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2011