Spinoff of another question

Quoting another poster--"Forgive me, yes I am blond... but do people really not have a dishwasher? I know I get the same thought when people state to keep in mind others might not have a computer? We have 4, had 5 but my laptop was a piece of Shh and HP refused to fix a known problem they caused with the motherboard! But I can't imagine not having a dishwasher... and forgive me, not trying to sound mean, but even apartments come standard with one"

Not everyone has one and not all apartments/condos and that sort of living don't always have them either. We have never had one growing up and we still don't have one.

Do you agree or disagree with her statement? What about my response?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Technology

• i have a dish washer.. their called HANDS.. only my 2 kids me and sometime my bf eat.. not many dishes if they are kept up on. You do not NEED a dish washer... as for the computers... who cares if people dont have one? that doesnt mean they arent as good as people that do have one.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I have a dishwasher and it's named Dave! My hubby is great helping wash the dishes. Lots of time with the kids and him talking as we clean up after meals together.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:34 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I've never lived in a house without a dishwasher, even when I was growing up so I kinda agree with her in a way - but I do know there are some places that don't have them.

Answer by missanc at 11:30 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• well..i think you may have done something you shouldn't have. for some reason, you're not supposed to 'name' another user.

btw..we didn't have a dishwasher growing up either, but that was in the 60-70s. and when i had an apartment, in my 20s, i never had enough dishes to use the dishwasher, anyway! you know how it is when you're single and only sleeping there!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• there first poster I removed her name from the question sorry to have offended anyone
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Oh yeah and we only have one computer which is not hooked up to internet and even more horrifying for some we only get one (Gasp) channel on our TV.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Wow, that must have been in response to my post... The house we live in is an older one from 1980 something that belonged to a 96 year-old widow until recently. No one wanted to remodel or upgrade anything because it is "granny's" house and they want it to look the same and there is no room without removing a cabinet.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Growing up we did not have a dishwasher or computer it was 60's and 70's. We did get a dishwasher years later and my parents never use it!! I guess use to washing by hands. lol
    And they never learn how to use a computer :( But I have and have a few, hahaha Use my Ipad all the time.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2011