Childcare provider treats own child "special" in front of other children. Okay or not?

My childcare provider (whom I like), shows favortisim to her own child in from of the other children. He gets the special snacks that the other kids do not. he plays with toys when the others aren't aloud to and sometimes he is eating his happy meals infront of them. One day when I went to pick up my son I was standing inside talking to her and her son came over and hit my child. I tried to just play it off to see her reaction and when another child pointed out that her son had just hit she replied saying "yeah, it's okay, he's mine."  I didn't really think much of it at the time, but then it really began to bug me.

Should I let her know that her favortisim bothers me or am I simply over-reacting?

stephensmom26

Asked by stephensmom26 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• seriously, that would concern me, imagine what she is allowing when you are NOT around? That's not fair at all... Like her or not, I wouldn't have my son there
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• If you do not want that to be done in front of your child, that is your right as a parent, find a new provider? If they beat puppies and it goes against your moral/beliefs, than you'd pull your kid and place it where they don't, right? Same thing with ethical issues... when you leave your child in a daycare they should have/respect your same values (or risk your kid picking up theirs)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• NO that is wrong!!!!

I did child care and I had my twins, they all eat the same thing and had the same treats!!

I don't think you are over reacting, it shows a lot about that day care worker. Your kids should also feel special.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Definitely NOT OKAY!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I know that my sitter babysits her grandson along with a lot of other kids, sometimes he does get food that the other kids get (his mom might bring it by on her lunch) and he has toys over there that the other kids are not allowed to play with (nintendo ds) as long it is not blatant and my kids don't really notice or complain, it doesn't bother me. It is only natural to treat your own a little special. because they are special to you.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• oh well then yes.. i would def bring it up with her and tell her how wrong she is for it.. if it didnt change i would pull my child out and i would let all the other mothers know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• That's not OK.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i would talk to HER BOSS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• So not okay!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• She doesn't have a boss, it's an in home childcare.
    stephensmom26

Comment by stephensmom26 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Jun. 28, 2011