Do I need to wash all of his new clothes?

So I'm expecting my baby in 5 days and trying to prepare. I just want to know if I need to wash all of his clothes? I was initially going to just wash the cloeths that were used but then I heard I should wash all of them because of his delicate skin. I don't know what to do. I wash all of my clothes before wearing them because I have eczema and my skin is so sensitive. Should I just do it just in case he has it as well?

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 11:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did.....I washed everything.....
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would...i know I did right before my son was born...i used Dreft detergent that first 6 months or so...hope this helps!! :)
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• yes! all the clothes! Use dreft or ivory snow,both r made for sensitive skin!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I would. I think it softens them up before putting them on the baby plus you don't know how many people have fingered the clothes before you even bought or received them.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Definitely!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Hahaha... anything you plan on utting on him... just stop and think about who all touched it before it left the store and made it to you... and I've seen people do some nasty things in stores... Hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I did, especially if you have sensitive skin.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I did. Those clothes are handled by the people who make them, transport them, and then sell them.

Answer by gemgem at 12:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Wash everything. New clothes have sizing in them to make the fabric smooth, and that can irritate sensitive skin.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• BUT... be aware that lots of infant clothes can go unworn because baby has outgrown them before wearing. And if you wash them, you can't exchange them for the size he's just grown into. Don't wash everything. Wash what's needed for the week.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2011