Is it weird that

I don't like saying the word fat or calling someone fat?
It seems pretty mean and rude.

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 12:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think lots of us have an aversion to direct words, especially when there's a negative associated with them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No..that's not weird at all. It's nice to see someone think about other peoples feelings.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• calling someone fat is rude but just saying it in general nah. I have in inner "fat" girl that loves to eat all the bad food and craves crazy things but I don't feel bad announcing it. The inner fat person has become a joke and my SIL has her inner skinny girl.

it is weird.. but i think it can be blamed on the "politically correct" way of life we live where it isn't okay to offend people or state facts without sugar coating them first.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I agree, it just sounds so mean.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No I avoid the word myself esp in front of my daughter who is 3 1/2. I read somewhere that the reason small children will call themselves fat or pick apart their features is bc they hear & see their mothers doing it, this makes sense. So ever since my daughter was born (I read a lot while preg) I have avoided acting like that or saying such things in front of her. I have come across sevearl little girls in the past years who at age 6 or 5 say they are fat, have no butt, want big boobs, etc it always shocks me too.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Okay. It just makes my stomach cringe when i hear someone call someone fat...even if it is true, its better words to say...idk
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• At mel yeah i heard that before too. So I try to watch what I say infront of my little ones
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Nah, fluffy is a better term ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i agree i say overweight when i have to
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• It's good that you are a kind person. We need more women like you around the world. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2011