What home business do you have and in what state?

I'm not looking for a home business, I already have one that I love, so please no ads. I just see so many ads for so many different businesses that I wondered who does what and what sate do you live in? How long have you had your business?

how_reb

Asked by how_reb at 12:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am an Interior Architectural Design Consultant. Left Corp America in 2001 and have built my business in 3 states (Virginia, Ohio, and Alaska). I have clients all over the world.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I'm a Gift consultant and work from home with La Bella Baskets in VA for now over a year:)

La Bella Baskets Gift Consultant/Team Spirit Award Winner
    Jennifer McClain
    lovely-gifts4u@live.com
    Gift Basket Career 4 U
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I dont have a business but I would love to be able to work from home some day. How do you get something like that started?
    gcstar42

Answer by gcstar42 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• DH and I have an independant ag consulting business. Started about 7-8 years ago, started in earnest about 5 years ago and we've grown every year since - last year we had to hire on a part-time fall help. While we are independant we do also sell a specific line of fertilizers, chemicals, etc. We live in Iowa.
    Anonymous

• Scentsy and I'm in California. I've been doing it 8 months now.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 12:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Scent Sations and I'm in Wisconsin. I have been doing it for almost 3 years.
    Gcstar42- getting started with a home based business is the easy part- being successful is where the work begins :). Decide what you enjoy (cooking, make up, candles etc) Research those companies that have the products you enjoy, the compensation that works for you, and the investment you are comfortable with. Then you find a team member for that company that you would like to work with. That person will help you get started and learn the business.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I am with the Stayin Home & Lovin It team and we're partnered with the Wellness Company, Melaleuca. I have been working from home over nione years and I live in Wisconsin.
    Linda
    lradant

Answer by lradant at 1:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• gcstar- I agree 100% with Kari! There are tons of businesses that you can join and sell products or offer services. The hard part is being able to sell such products/services. You need to what kind of market there is in your area for the business you want. You need to find something that fits you, your lifestyle and your budget. You want to make sure that any "requirements" are not above your ability or budget as well. Most of us have search and researched before we joined any companies. Others that have built their own business have had a solid plan of what they wanted to do and how to get it done. Good luck to you and I hope someday you find something!

how_reb

Comment by how_reb (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I do Pampered Chef and I'm in Georgia.

For anyone looking, great resources for research are the Direct Selling Association (www.dsa.org) and the Direct Selling Education Foundation (www.dsef.org)
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 6:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I am an Independent consultant with Arbonne International. I am in PA, however I can expand my business anywhere in the US, Canada, Australia and the UK. We have no territories.

@gcstar42 - the person who sponsors you in a home business should be your partner in your business to get you started. Plus, our free online training is amazing and has won awards. Let me know if I can help you with further information.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 7:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011