IBS Trigger Foods

At the same time, for my 4 year old son with IBS, what are trigger foods that I should avoid?

wenona_mandy

Asked by wenona_mandy at 12:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2011 in General Parenting

• well...for me, i have no trigger foods really, maybe greasy food. I can eat Pizza one day, then the next it upsets my tummy. What i started doing was taking probiotics. If i am taking probiotics, i have no stomach issues at all. But, if i don't take it...i could get an upset stomach.

I think it varies from person to person. I know for sure, i can't eat super greasy foods....but my friend who also has IBS can handle greasy foods, just not spicy foods or acidic foods. What you should do is make a journal of what he eats all day & log the times he has a tummy upset. This way you can start to compare & begin to pick up on what foods sets him off more than others.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• His stomache is super-sensitive is his problem. He gets horrible gas off of just about anything slightly harsh on the stomache.
    wenona_mandy

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2011