• In the Spotlight:

Any home remindes that I can do for the flu?

I had a grreat day yesterday, but I woke up throwing up thinking that it was just morning sickness and went back to sleep. I woke up about 4-5 times to throw up and since I cant take much meds, what else can I do for this?

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Aww man I was about to say a warm shot of Hennessy, but I see you're pregnant...
    Anonymous

• Lots of fluids. Tylenol if you can take it. Lots of rest if possible. Being sick you just have to wait it out . I hate to say.

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Im going through the same thing... My hubby has it and he is poppin in all the meds and im just watching... i would make some HOT tea with honey and lemon and lots of water.... good luck
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Lots of fluids and rest. That's all I've ever done. I hope you feel better.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Chicken Noodle soup, Gatorade, water, and Tylenol if you are achy and have a headache. You can try Vitamin C too. Being preggo and sick is kinda sucky cuz you are so limited in what you can take.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yes, I've just finished some tea and I totally forgot about Gatorade! lol
    It just feels like a head cold now, my head is throbbing ! but, I got a cold towel on my head for some pain relief. I did take some Tylonel and Im going to take a shower and relax in bed again. My back is just too sore to do it without a shower. Thanx moms. You guys were a very big help. I would'nt know otherwise. I appreciate you all for helping me. Chicken Noodle sounds pretty good right about now! <3
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• P.S I'm definetly going to the Doctor tomorrow !!
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• what happen to the brat diet?? isn't that used for the flu ???? BANANAS , RICE, TEA AND TOAST???????
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Vomiting is not the flu. Influenza causes massive head cold symptoms with high fever and body aches. Stomach "flu" is one of a million different viruses.
    Try to drink, even if you keep throwing up. The biggest danger is dehydration, so keep trying.
    If it doesn't get better in a day, call the doctor.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 10:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Anything you can keep down is good, but try eating Saltines and be sure to drink plenty of fluids. You can drink Gatorade (or some other sport beverage) for the electrolytes, too. NO PEPTO!!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2008